Before you install TireHawk product, please watch the installation video first and follow the steps.
|1. Wireless Gateway Setup|
Connect the USB cable to the mini USB interface of the Wireless Gateway by the mini USB end and connect to the Type A USB interface of the car charger by the Type A USB end; and then plug the car charger into the cigarette lighter socket of your car. Then you can start the car start the car. The Wireless Gateway is considerately designed with one additional USB interface for standard 5V output power, which you can use to charge you 3C products.
|2. Sensor Installation|
Remove sensor cap in counterclockwise direction; insert enclosed CR1632 lithium batteries into each sensor and make sure battery polarity correctly placed.Fit sensor cap back on in a clockwise direction.
A. Sensors are marked with numbers for its matching caps, please make sure to match correctly when installing batteries.
B. Follow “Sensor Map” beneath to install sensor onto the tire’s valve stems:
sensor No.1 : place on front left tire
sensor No.2 : place on front right tire
sensor No.3 : place on rear left tire
sensor No.4 : place on rear right tire
|3. Anti-theft Kit Installation (optional)|
If user chooses to install the anti-theft kit, please follow the steps below first and then go to 2 to complete sensor installation.
Anti-theft kit is provided in the package for users’ choice to install. The installation steps are:
A. Place anti-removal ring onto tire’s valve stem.
B. Install sensor onto valve stem gently in clockwise direction. Note that the excessive exertion might damage the sensor.
C. Adjust the anti-removal ring to connect with sensor in place firmly.
D. Use the hex screw driver from the kit and fasten Anti-removal ring along with the sensor.
After you complete the sensor installation, continue to follow the following steps to finish installation:
A. When Wireless Gateway performs its functions normally, the LED indicators on its front case turn on and show from left to right: Left blue indicator glistens to show the connection status, middle indicator remains green to show the tire status and right green indicator remains on to show the power status.
B. Please go to WiFi setting in your smartphone and choose TireHawk for your Wi-Fi connection, then the smartphone will connect and receive signals from Wireless Gateway.
C. Click and run the TireHawk Bright+ Appdownloaded on your smartphone, the 【Status】 page changes from 【Demo】 to 【Tire Status】 now.
The tire pressure, tire temperature and the sensor battery status is are available and easy to read on 【Status】 page, you can also check out other pages on TireHawk Bright+ APP to change your preferred theme and functions settings, and understand notices as frequent asked questions.
|4. Network Setting (optional)|
If your TireHawk product is not Generation II, the App can ONLY support Situation 1. Situation 2 and 3 are not applicable to your wireless gateway of old version.
TireHawk App of the smart phone directly connects to Wireless Gateway. That way the smart phone cannot access Internet. This works for both Android and iOS systems. If you don’t have strong demand on Internet access when driving, we strongly recommend that you choose Situation 1, which provides more simple and reliable connection between your TireHawk App and the Wireless Gateway.
Situation 2 ( The network setting function of App is ONLY applicable to the wireless gateway of Generation II TB-X04C ).
The smartphone with 3G becomes the router with WiFi Hotspot activated. The TireHawk App is installed in another tablet. Both tablet and Wireless Gateway are connected to the 3G router via WiFi. So the tablet can get the tire pressure data update and access Internet at the same time. This works for both Android and iOS systems.
Situation 3 ( The network setting function of App is ONLY applicable to the wireless gateway of Generation II TB-X04C ).
The smartphone with 3G and TireHawk App can get the update from Wireless Gateway and Internet access at the same time. This works for both Android and iOS systems.
For the users without the demand of Internet access when driving the car, Situation 1 is most suggested. Moreover, With the TireHawk APP Version 2.70.00 or later, Situation 3 can work for iPhone users. Here are the setup steps:
(1) If you want to go to Situation 2, you must connect TireHawk App to the Wireless Gateway well first, that is, Situation 1. And tehn turn on the WiFi Hotspot of the 3G smartphone; If you want to go to Situation 3, you cannot turn on WiFi Hotspot now.
(2) Utilize TireHawk App to configure the WiFi Setting of the Wireless Gateway:
※ Go to the Network Setting of the TireHawk App Setting Page first.
※ Fill in the SSID name. Note that the wireless gateway cannot recognize “space” character of the SSID. If any, please rename your SSID first.
※ Select the encryption method. You need to check the setting of your smart phone, usually WPA2 (AES).
※ Enter the password. The password is the one you set up for your WiFi Hotspot.
(3) Press “Activate” button, the system will restart. For Situation 2, it will work when App restarts. For Situation 3, Android users need to turn on WiFi Hotspot now and then start the App, then it will work. For iOS users, you must go to the Settings Page of the TireHawk App to click “Exit App”, and temporarily turn off the WiFi of other smartphone or pad if any. Then you turn on the WiFi Hotspot and wait until there shows 1 connection status with blue background on the to of the screen. After that, you can open the TireHawk App, and it will work.
1. If there is typo and you apply the setting to the Wireless Gateway, you cannot connect it. Now you need to press the button 5 times continuously, and you will find the middle indicator is fast flashing green light for 5 seconds, then the Wireless Gateway goes back to the default network setting.
Go to the WiFi setup page of your smart phone and you will see TireHawk. Connect TireHawk and then you can repeat Steps to set up the network again. Note that you must click the button of Back to Default Connection Type in Network Setting of the TireHawk App in iOS system to make it work. It is not necessary for Android system.
2. If the TireHawk logo of the App cannot become bright after you activate the network setting, it means that the connection between the Wireless Gateway and TireHawk App through the WiFi Hotspot fails. Please follow the steps below:
(1) It probably takes more time to get the connection ready through WiFi Hotspot. So please wait for 10 seconds after the App restarts.
(2) If there happens the message window of Connection Fails, please exit the App to go to WiFi setup. Check if it connects to the correct WiFi Hotspot (SSID).
(3) If the SSID is correct, take a look at the blue LED indicator of the Wireless Gateway. If the blue LED fast flashes, it means that the Wireless Gateway does not connect to the Hotspot successfully. You need to go back to the default point-point connection type, that is, Situation 1, by pressing the button of the Wireless Gateway 5 times continuously and then the middle LED indicator fash flashes for green. For the TireHawk App installed in iOS system, you must click the functional button of Back To Default Connection Type of the Network Setting to complete the process. After that, you can connect to Wireless Gateway (TireHawk) directly by TireHawk App installed in the smartphone. And then repeat the network setting again
(4) If the blue LED flashes slowly, please try to turn off the WiFi Hotspot and then turn on it, and make sure if the connection from the smartphone with TireHawk App installed to the Hotspot is correct. Open TireHawk App and wait for 10 seconds to see if the logo becomes bright. If not, you may try again. If still not work, you can try step (3) to get back to Situation 1 and repeat the network setting.
3. Situation 2 works fine. However, if TireHawk logo cannot become bright when you start the car next time. Please wait around 10 seconds after you open the App. If there shows the message window of the “Connection Fails”, please check Please wait around 10 seconds after you get back to Situation 1 as step (3) in No. 2. If it slowly flashes, please turn off the Hotspot and turn on it, and make sure if the connection from the smartphone with TireHawk App installed to the Hotspot is correct. Open TireHawk App and wait for 10 seconds to see if the logo becomes bright.
4. If you install the TireHawk App in iOS system and want to get back from Situation 2 Hotspot connection to Situation 1 point-to-point connection, remember to click the button of Back to Default Connection Type in Network Setting of the TireHawk App, in addition to press the Wireless Gateway button 5 times continuously. After the App restarts and wait for 10 seconds, Situation 1 (the point-to-point connection) should be ok. It is not necessary for Android system.
5. For Situation 3, remember to turn on the WiFi Hotspot after you activate the network setting. Note that iOS users must remember to click App Exit “first and make sure only wireless gateway connection in setup process, then go to turn on the WiFi Hotspot.